Springwell Harrogate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, this is something to which all our staff are fully committed.
What is safeguarding?
Safeguarding legislation and the UK Government states that Safeguarding is:-
- protecting vulnerable children from abuse or neglect.
- making sure people are fully supported in order to gain access to health care and stay well.
- ensuring that children are growing up in safe and effective environments.
- taking action in order to ensure that all children and young adults have support to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- making sure that all children and young adults receive safe and nurturing care.
- it is making sure that all children and young people are supported in order to have a full and happy life.
If for any reason you have any concerns about the safety of any young person, or would like to raise a concern contact the following staff in school:
Alex Bentley – Designated Safeguarding Lead (Head of Centre)
Staff at Springwell follow the Department for Education’s statutory guidance which can be found in ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. The policy, along with other key Safeguarding documents, can be accessed via the links below:-
- Springwell Harrogate Safeguarding Child Protection Policy
- Working Together to Safeguard Children_-_Guide
- GSWP May 2019 final (1) safer working practice
Additional Safeguarding Resources:-