Parent Support Advisor
Who am I?
As a Parent Support Adviser I bring a range of skills to the work of the Grove Academy, such as: counselling, mentoring, parenting skills etc
I am based at the Grove Academy and work closely with mainstream schools. I work with families and young people to improve pupils’ attendance, achievement and overall school experience.
To enable parents to access the support they need so that they, in turn, can support their children. This can be done in many ways and I have links to other agencies who can also provide the family with information and support.
I am able to support families in a number of different areas such as:
- Family Relationships
- Routines and Boundaries
I offer a chance for parents to express their anxieties and frustrations and listen to them in a non-judgemental way. I am able to help with making links at school which can sometimes be a daunting process for parents.
I want to help families build on their strengths and work through problem areas to achieve positive results in the family home, in school and all areas of family life.
As a Parent Support Adviser I offer:
- Direct and confidential support to parents and carers in school or at home.
- Support with your child’s behaviour, attendance and achievement.
- Information about school and other educational institutions.
- The opportunity to access parent and child activities and services.
- Home visits to support the family in improving school attendance and achievement.
- Access to parenting programmes.
- Help to find other support agencies.
- A chance to identify and build on your strengths as a parent.
How do you get PSA Support?
If you feel that you would like the support of a PSA then you can contact me:
Phone: 01423 456001