Thank you to all staff and students for making it a lovely and successful day!
新年快乐 – Happy new year!
Welcome to the year of the pig!!
As part of the celebrations we held a day of themed activities!
- We studied thought provoking Chinese Maths led by Mr Mayamey
- Mr Boyce and Mr Town led workshops on creative Chinese writing
- All the students created a surface using willow and tissue paper and then learnt how to write their horoscopes in Chinese
- Mrs Hamilton, and Mrs Renfrew taught the students how to make Chinese dishes
- Mr Town and Mrs Kersey created thought provoking “Confucius Said” art
- Mr Bentley and Mrs Wilkinson taught students about how to make different coloured Fireworks
- The pupils also enjoyed the Chopstick competition at break time
At the end of the day we all sat and enjoyed a community meal of the foods the students had made and we all discussed what we had learnt!