The CEIAG – (Careers Education Information Advice Guidance) provision in a Delta Academy has been designed to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work. Our Careers Programme is personalised to the academy in conjunction with our partners at Careers Inc.
Careers Education is provided though:
- Subject Lessons, – Information and discussions in with a subject specific focus to help you make decisions about careers based on subject knowledge and transferable skills.
- Tutorials, Assemblies & Life Lessons – Discussions and resources about the local market information, growth job sectors and
- Step Up Days – Events such as employability days
Information, Advice & Guidance is provided through:
- Careers Cafes & Careers Fairs – Employers, Colleges and Universities will visit the school on a regular basic to talk to you about their industry and how to train and qualify for role in that sector.
- Careers Portal – You have access to our online Careers Portal.
- Results Service – a team of advisers will be able to talk through you needs on results day to help you confirm your intended destination.
- Qualified 1-2-1 Guidance – You also have access to a qualified careers advisor, who will provide confidential and impartial advice to students on the information they have received or to help guide students to make fully informed decisions.
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas our advisers can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- GCSE & A Level Options – Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Apprenticeships – Finding work or an apprenticeship, including job hunting techniques including mock interviews
- Higher Education – Reviewing the options and planning the 14-19 journey
- Parents Evenings – Access to careers advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, enrichment activities, parents and option evenings and on results days
- Technology – Information and updates will also be available on notice boards, plasma screens and the websites
Careers & Provider Access Policy & Destinations Data
Please click here to see our policy and destinations data.
Here are links to useful websites:
UCAS – www.ucas.com – UCAS offers you information about pathways to University!
APPRENTICESHIPS – www.gov.uk/topic/further-education-skills/apprenticeships – Click above for information about apprenticeships!
NATIONAL CAREERS SERVICE – nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/home – Click above for information about careers!
https://www.careersbox.co.uk/ – Good link to add for watching careers videos
https://www.getting-in.com/ – Providers, courses & uni search